Thursday, February 24, 2011

daily journal

I remember one time when I as a young kid me and my cousin were running around his house chasing each other. my cousin is about 5 years older than me so he was faster so I struggled to run away from him. Our parents were out shopping and his dad was sleeping so we were just running around the house by ourselves. after about 5 minutes of fooling around I ran around their kitchen and into the living room while he was chasing me and as I got close to the living room I was running as fast as I could and I ended up tripping which would of been fine but there was a coffee table in the middle of their living room and I fell so fast that I didn't have time to catch myself and ended up hitting the side of my head right on my temple on the corner of the coffee table and falling to the ground. the next thing I remember is my cousin freaking out and telling me that I was bleeding. I couldn't really feel anything because I was still in shock. at first we thought it wasn't a very big deal and we were going to clean it up and put a band aid on it but then he took a closer look and went and woke up his dad. he came out and saw the blood on his carpet right away and freaked out as I layed on the couch bleeding from the side of my head. when he calmed down he took a look at it and called my mom while he was on the phone I heard him say that i would probably need stitches and I instantly started crying because I had never gotten stitches but i heard they hurt really bad. after that we put some towels and stuff on my head until my mom got home and took me to the hospital. the first hospital we went to said they wouldn't stitch it up because there was to big of a risk of it not working so we had to go to a different hospital in St. Paul and i finally got it all stitched up around 2 in the morning and it happened at around 3pm so i had a hole in my head for a long time. I remember going to the doctor and they gave me a book to read while they put in the stitches and I got a Popsicle after so it turned out to be all good but i was so scared to actually get the stitches.